Camera Ideas

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Before I found this place, I had bought two Annke C800s and I am kind of tired of this one.

Driveway 2021-09-11 10.12.14.617 PM.jpg

I get that I have to tell my wife no more to those lawn lights, but any ideas to block the light from my garage light? Also, any suggestions for a good replacement?

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
oh yeah and the camera in motion just sucks.. like when I download the clip from my server, it skips passed the actual motion. Idk if that my server.. or the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lawn lights are fine once you get off of auto shutter and set it to a shutter speed that will actually get you the ability to capture clean motion that isn't a blur/ghost. Set it to 1/120 and that lawn light probably isn't a big deal anymore.

The bigger issue is the camera is too close to the garage light. You could put a piece of aluminum foil on this side of the lamp to block that glare or get a different fixture or move the camera to another location.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lawn lights are fine once you get off of auto shutter and set it to a shutter speed that will actually get you the ability to capture clean motion that isn't a blur/ghost. Set it to 1/120 and that lawn light probably isn't a big deal anymore.

The bigger issue is the camera is too close to the garage light. You could put a piece of aluminum foil on this side of the lamp to block that glare or get a different fixture or move the camera to another location.
Hmm I'll have to mess with those settings real quick.

I have foil and I'll definitely fix that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like you don't need much. I have a lamp post that needed just a tiny bit to knock the glare out of my cameras.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like you don't need much. I have a lamp post that needed just a tiny bit to knock the glare out of my cameras.
Now I gotta figure out how to change shutter speed.. on the annke c800

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I gotta figure out how to change shutter speed.. on the annke c800
Jk I found it. Yeah gotta fix the light below the camera.

And then after that I need to figure out why it skips so much in blue iris playback/ui3. It's my only camera that skips that much.