Camera Install & NRV Quesitons

Indian9990

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I came across these forums while I was browsing SD's looking for cameras. I shot Matt a message and he didn't have much time to chat and told me to make a post here to answer a few of my questions.

I am planning on using a Synology NAS (Surveillance station) as my NVR system. (Matt mentioned not a lot of people like using it. I'm not sure why not) I just bought the NAS and using it as a Plex server as well so, I would like to get the full potential out of it.

With that being said, do you guys have any suggestions for cameras that'll work well with it (as well as type of camera. Based on browsing around the forums it sounds like Dome cameras are a bad idea.)? I was originally thinking FosCam or Reolink but Matt also mentioned to stay away from them as well (These are based on other cost, research and youtube videos). I am calling a security guy to come run a few wire drops soon as well. I live in a town home so it's an ally for the backyard. I was planning to put one there, near the front door, living room and in the garage for starters. Motion triggered cameras would be nice for the back ally and front door. I have a lot of UPS drivers that are lazy and leave packages in front of my garage instead of the front door. I've ran over a few because I haven't seen them...

The blue circles are where I was planning on placing the camera. The blue circle for the garage I was going to place on the opposite side of my garage so I see the entire thing. Not really sure if I need one looking towards people coming up to the house through that walk way but might not be a bad idea.

Thanks in advance for reading and the suggestions!
20190422_190301.jpg BackAlley.jpg Front Door.jpg