Camera IR Illuminator does not Separate Day and Night

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The camera is a SD6AL433XA-HNR. Recently I have had trouble with both of them so I did a default reset via the camera GUI. I set the schedule for day and night in the GUI Profile Management under Settings/Camera/Conditions. All other Conditions change when Night or Day is selected but the IR Illuminator settings. If I set the IR to Off for Day, hit Save then at night it is off and if I set Night to On then hit Save then the IR is on in the Day. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

On another note, the issue I was having with both cameras was unable to connect to them via the GUI during the day and only being able to connect with them late at night after things had cooled down. Watching the cameras on SmartPSS, one camera would skip time/lockup during the day and the other would only connect once in a while during the day. I assume the heat inside due to the IR being on in the day was causing the issue now that I know the IR was on.

Thank you for your replies.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the exact same PTZ that does the same thing. No matter what browser.

My newer SD4A425DB-HNY ALSO does it....

BUT I dont think the LED's are actually on. I think the light sensor overrides the setting?

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BigRedFish: Concerning the "light sensor", how can I make sure the cameras are setup correctly so the light sensor is active? Thank you and wittaj for your responses and help, very much appreciated.

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BRF: I think you are describing the light sensor as the "Electrical ICR" setting in the "Day & Night" setting. I'll try and see if there is a way to check this evening before dark to see if the IR is on, I'll let you know. Thanks again for the help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah that electrical ICR turns off infrared or it did when I was like what does this do and my whole image went black lol