Camera names and Short names all disappeared with last upgrade

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera names and Short names all disappeared with last upgrade. I open up properties and they both are still there but on the Blue Iris all camera display they have disappeared on every camera. I hit the right mouse button and it shows camera names is checked. Any idea's?

Skinny

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
right-click anywhere in the 'all camera' view, select ''show camera names"...

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As stated above that was the first thing I did. It is checked and still no camera names or short names. I even tried it with it being unchecked to no avail.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hm. so you did. my bad.

do you camera's have names either starting with or containing non-standard characters maybe?

I would email support@blueirissoftware.com and provide the to/from version in addition to the description of your issue...

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply pozzello, No odd characters. As a matter of fact my Blue Iris iPhone app is showing all the names and short names. This is a weird one. I'll email support.

Thanks again,

Skinny

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting Blue Iris? (if it is running as a service and you don't know how to restart a service, then reboot PC).

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have rebooted the computer to no avail. I have contacted Blue Iris support. Thank you for the reply.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Repaired Microsoft Viual and both camera name and short name showed back up. Easy fix.