Camera options with Dahua NVR

parallon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 NVR. and I am wondering if other brands of cameras will work with this NVR, or do I have to purchase Dahua cameras only? I tried searching around the forum, and didn't find anything that met my needs, or maybe it is because I was looking for a list of specific brands/models that are compatible. Are there any specific protocols or features that I am looking for that makes this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to match brand of NVR with cameras, or at least OEM.

So in this case most Lorex, Amcrest, EmpireTech, etc.

The key is to find ONVIF compliant devices. Just be aware outside of manufacturer OEM, you may only get the video feed and not the other items like AI.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are only a few camera models from a few manufacturers that the NVR recognizes directly. Example with NVR2108-I:

Dahua_NVR_Kameras_Hersteller.png

The best change is if the camera supports Onvif. But this is also no guarantee that the NVR will then correctly and fully support this Onvif camera.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s been quite a while since I tried it so maybe things have changed but to mismatch brands in the past I had to use onvif with cams on a switch instead of nvr.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cams on a switch instead of nvr.
But that has nothing to do with Onvif. ;) In your case it was probably more about PoE and the fact that the NVR was in a different subnet.

parallon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, cool. Thank you for your replies. So, when I originally bought my setup from Andy, it was through an Aliexpress.com site, and now it seems to be www.empiretech01.com. Are they one in the same, or is the Aliexpress.com site no longer used?

Thanks again,

Mike

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But that has nothing to do with Onvif. ;) In your case it was probably more about PoE and the fact that the NVR was in a different subnet.
No, cams were on dhcp, just gave “other network errors” when hik cams plugged into dahua nvr.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Dahua NVR simliar to yours just without the poe and I was able to use Hikvision camera on ONVIF and even the motion alerts from the Hikvision pushes through.