Camera Placement

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using Blue Iris. I have 10 security cameras placed precisely where I want them. I am happy with all of them and their locations. Thanks to Andy! Andy is awesome. However, I have an older IPC-E541F-E2-AS 3.6mm CMOS Starlight IR Mini Dome Dual Lens camera that I am not pleased with. Both cameras are pointed exactly where I want them, but one has a problem as you can see from one of the images. There garage light in the bottom left of its field of view that creates a terrible image. Each camera is pointed 180 degrees from one another. Moving the camera isn't an option. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on removing, illuminating, or getting around this?

As you can see, one camera works well, but the other does not. Until now I've ignored the garage light problem. A Starlight lens is probably not the best camera to use here, but it's hard because what type of camera would work better here and give me the other view that works great as well? I have 2 other Dahua IPC Color4K T180 Full Color 2x4MP Dual Len cameras in other locations. I'm not sure if one of these would work any better. I could take out the light bulb and tell my wife that the neighbor kids took it. Any other ideas?

2024-03-19_20-40-57.png

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Starlight is just a marketing term...

Any camera will have some issue associated with that light in the field of view.

You could put some tape or board along part of the light to help the image.

You could turn the light off and go infrared.

You could adjust the field of view to get that light put of the files of view. Probably would take much and still have roughly the same viewm

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Starlight is just a marketing term...

Any camera will have some issue associated with that light in the field of view.

You could put some tape or board along part of the light to help the image.

You could turn the light off and go infrared.

You could adjust the field of view to get that light put of the files of view. Probably would take much and still have roughly the same viewm
My first thought was to put a piece of tape over this area of the camera. I also thought that any other camera would suffer the same fate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. It probably wouldn't take much tape to improve that image.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change the light fixture or move the camera.

Consider a dark sky light fixture.