Camera problem

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:Sigh:
I received a 5241E-Z12E last night from Andy. Been looking at setting things up for a LPR.
Today I changed a few settings in regards to exposure etc... all under IE web settings.

Come back a few hours and now I can't get to "Video" "snapshot" etc.. settings under the "Camera" then "Video" while using IE web. This was accessible earlier in the day, If I go to the NVR (Lorex btw) I can change any of this without a problem.
I attempted to "default" the camera, no go. I opened the camera up and pushed the reset button for 10 seconds, no go.

Smart people out there... any ideas? I have zero clue why it just locked up like this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First thought is make sure Windows didn't pull the ole switch-a-roo on you and sneak you on Edge without you knowing. Have had that happen a few time to me.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, opened a new tab in IE 11 and it Edge declared that it was going to help my by playing fuckaroo and moving my browsing session to Edge. SO helpful! not

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, double-checked that and no-go. All my other cameras I can reach the "Video" setting with zero problems.
Does factory default from the web settings do anything different than pushing the button?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Factory default is the same either from the web interface or the reset button. Hold that reset button down for about 20 or 30 seconds though. Another trick is multiple resets to make sure everything loads properly.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I keep PaleMoon on all my machines. Given that IE will go the way of the Dodo bird before much longer and there will be no firmware updates to make a lot of cameras compatible with Chrome based browsers, it's the only alternative.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
F me running backwards. I decided to reboot my computer and wham bam thank you ma'am.... I can see it again. :sigh: Ever have one of those days?

Since I have some of the smart guys here, should I be changing all this with my NVR or go through the web to change things like exposure, frame rates etc...?

Thanks guys.. I'm going to go pound my head against the brick a few more times. lol

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Wittaj says " Never" LOL Is that how I fucked up my Camera's at the condo? LOl The NVR was addressed to 192.168.0.207 and i somehow got the 192.168.0 207: (some strangeportnumber)
and fubarred something with my 5442's ;)
Thus began another trip to Microcenter for the poor Maintenance man turned reluctant IP cam meistro.