Camera recommendation

niwa2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

currently i am using a Foscam FI9831W with TinyCam Pro as a night time monitor for my epileptic daughter.
The camera is mounted above her bed, so that i can see her in the entire bed.
Because the Foscam cameras are not working with current browsers like Chrome or FireFox and my HW is aging (one power supply already failed), i decided to look for a suitable replacement.
But so far i am empty handed.

I am hoping that you guys (with more experience in IP-cameras than i have) can guide me in the correct direction.
I am looking for a camera with the following features:
1) audio support (i need to be able to hear my daughter, even the smallest noises). Preferably with a build in microphone of decent quality. The current camera produces constant static noise, which is annoing...
2) The camera needs to be able to "see" in the dark. So i need a cam with IR leds, preferably invisible and not red glowing like the current Foscam camera.
3) Resolution wise am looking for FullHD or up. 4K would be nice but is probably overblown for my usecase. The image needs to be sharp and of good quality in the dark with the build in IR leds turned on.
4) The cam needs to have a horizontal viewing angle of 90° or above, so that the intire bed fits into the video (the hight above the bed is limited). I would prefer it if the camera does not show a distorted image like a fish eye effect.
5) because the camera goes with us everywhere we sleep, it needs to be flexible and easy to set up at a new location. so auto focus, pan, tilt and possibly (optical) zoom and WiFi are verry welcome but not mandatory. (I am taking my own Router/WLAN AP with me to create a small "mobile" network for the camera and the tablet with TinyCam)
6) it should be possible to use the camera with current browsers as well. it would also be nice if android browsers could be used to at least configure the camera.
7) the camera needs to work with TinyCam and it needs to works offline. I do not like any mandatory cloud services.

Audio and motion alarm can be handled by TinyCam so it is no must have for the camera, but a nice addition.
I am willing to pay more than i did for the Foscam but would like to stay below 500€.

Hopefully someone of you can give me a hint where to look or even better: recommend a camera to me.

thanks in advance

Last edited: