Camera(s) keep disconnecting from NVR

reactiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have two ColorVu cameras attached to this 4 channel NVR (DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P) One of the cameras always the same channel keeps disconnecting after a couple of weeks or so
I have tried resetting many times, infact I have replaced the camera on this channel with a brand new unit and the same happens, after a few weeks its offline again! Its not connected to the rear of the NVR its on the network like the other camera.

Any ideas?

Thanks. C

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That NVR is rated on 40Mbps bandwidth, which depending on how you have set up the cameras, you could be exceeding it or coming close and then something happens that pushes it over the limit.

You could try dropping the FPS and bitrate of the cameras.

How is this camera coming into the NVR - is it going thru the router? If so that is probably the problem - over time the dropped packets add up on a never taking a break and never buffering video stream and will cause it to start losing connection.

reactiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah OK thank you The frame rate was set to max, so I'll try it at 20FPS and see what happens the bit rate was/is set at 6144. I'm using a TP-LInk OMADA Router and a Hikvision switch.