Camera that has physical privacy mask

Lennon1216

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
I’m wondering if anyone know a CCTV camera that has a physical privacy mask, like some laptops have for example.
It can be a manual but a motorized would be even better.
Unfortunately I haven’t come across it.
My suggestion is to have a PTZ and just move to a preset that’s zoomed at the wall or something.
Or I saw Axis’ camera with Real Time Privacy, where the cam takes out human shape’s details in real time.
The cam needs to be the smallest possible, but needs to be a proper Security camera, not a home use baby monitor stuff.

thanks again

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amcrest makes a few indoor PTZ with privacy mode where the camera aims itself into the base. I also have a indoor camera on a smart plug that turns off when I am home

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua, and I believe Hikvision, have the ability to add a privacy mask into the camera configuration. This is on fixed cameras, not PTZ cameras. I use it to "hide" highly reflective objects at night to prevent flare in the scene as an example.

Lennon1216

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
I need the camera either visibly blocked by a cover/shutter, or a ptz that turns away visibly, or like Duh987 said it turns into itself.
That’s why I dropped Axis’ Real time privacy filter solution too.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think if you give us your use case we might be able to get more specific with out suggestions. Inside cameras are pretty easy especially if you just do what I do an use a smart plug to cut power. Outside is a little bit more challenging.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I've got to ask, what's the point? Either you have a camera in a certain location, or you don't. I ask the question because you seem to want to be able to override the physical blocker so then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the physical blocker in the first place?

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most PTZ will be able to point at the wall for you, automating it to do easily would be the harder part.