Camera View Freezing, Crashing After Camera Restart

flexd

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently my cameras(2) have been randomly freezing at the same time on both cameras. This happens both inside the desktop Blue Iris program, and on UI3 webview. I've been on 5.7.6.8 since May, and haven't had any issues with this build up until a month ago. Ran perfectly fine since May, but last month these issues have started happening. I've not changed any settings on the computer or in Blue Iris.

To resolve the cameras freezing I'll typically right click and restart the cameras. This solves the issue a majority of the time, but occasionally and not every time, the Blue Iris program gives me a "Lost connection to service [2]" error prompt. When I click ok, the program crashes.

Computer is running;
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
Nvidia 2060
16gb DDR4 @ 3600
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera make and model?

I see malwarebytes is running - has BI been excluded from that?

flexd

n3wb
Reaction score
What camera make and model?

I see malwarebytes is running - has BI been excluded from that?
Both cameras are Amcrest 5mp, model number IP5M-T1179EW-28MM.
I can login to each of the cameras IP webstream and still see the live views, but in UI3 and Blue Iris desktop program they're frozen.

The entire Blue Iris folder has been excluded from Malwarebytes.

flexd

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone has any insight or suggestions I'd be greatly appreciative. The issue hasn't happened in about a month. Probably a week after this post. But it just happened again, and I have nothing in the logs to help point me on where to look for the issue. It froze at approximately 12:07PM on 1/17, and it's only inside blue iris app, or on UI3. From the cameras direct IP in a web browser I can view the current livestream just fine.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments