Camera will disconnected from 11am tp 11pm

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i sold a 7616NI-E2/8P NVR together with 5 x Bullets (2CD2642).

The costumer told me that only one camere lost the connection. He recognize that
the camera will disconnect from 11am to 11pm. After Restarting the NVR all cameras
are available but after some minutes/hours the camera will disconnect again.

Is there a time schedule function in the nvr? I can´t find this function!

I updated the firmware (NVR+IPC) to the newest one from the hikvision ftp-Server

Could you help me please...

Best regards
Bastian

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if they really dropping, then take the camera down and plug it directly into the NVR w/a prefab cable and leave it there for a few days.. if the problem still happens you have a faulty camera, otherwise your cabling is faulty.. did you use T568B? Solid Copper? CCA? remake the cable ends and verify you have proper connectors for the job.

at night they use several times more power than they do durring the day; the built in IR uses most of the power.. and thats when they start showing cabling issues when they are loaded the highest.. however the perfect 12/12 cycle seems very suspicious.. they arent operating an 'indoor garden' by any chance are they? HID light ballasts will spew more than enough noise to mess up any ethernet lines running nearby.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much for you advise. This are very important informations. Tomorrow i will try this and reply the solutions.

The electrician installed a T568A (here in Europe we prefer A) cable. But maybe there is something wrong. He didn't check the cable with a network analyser.

Thank you again
Bastian

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It look's like the networkc able was the issue. After controling and installing new RJ45 Jack everything is ok.