Cameras disconnecting after a few days

Reaction score
ok I have a Dahua OEM NVR4216-16P-4KS2 POE NVR with six cameras attached. Three of them are Anpviz B07TJT1Z1H and ONVIF compatible. After a week of working fine, they each stop working about a week apart. The infrared lights stay on so they are still getting power. I have three other Dahua branded cameras attached that never go down. The only way to get them back up is to unplug all three then reboot the NVR then plug them back in. After they they work fine again for about a week before dropping off again. Any ideas on why this may be happening and what I can do to fix it?

THanks very much

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
my guess is they overheating and falling off the network. are you running them with IR? can you turn it down or off? domes suck with IR anyways...

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PoE cameras require high-quality cabling, poor termination can cause cameras to go off-line. The wire fault can even be with 1 working camera causing the others to go off-line.
I get swapping cabling isn't easy, so another approach is to test via a PoE switch to drive the cameras. I stick a PoE switch inside the house but near the roof, to save on cable runs. Using a dedicated PoE switch with a higher power budget may overcome issues if the Dahua NVR doesn't have enough power.
There are different PoE standards, each with different power requirements, I don't know these cams to validate 100% they are compatible with the Dahua NVR.
Turning off the IR for a week, should flush out any PoE power budget issues.

Onvif is one of those standard where implementations are not always equal. I am sure many people have conflicting examples to prove myself wrong, but as a general rule when using an NVR you need to stick to the same brand of cameras. You can't trust a third party claim to say their cameras are compatible. If you take the punt and it works then great, but if not you can be stuck with not a lot of help.

Reaction score
my guess is they overheating and falling off the network. are you running them with IR? can you turn it down or off? domes suck with IR anyways...
why wouldnt they come back after they cool down?
I did hire a pro to handle the cables/connectors.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
ok, just tryin' to help. not my fault you bought crap cameras.

Reaction score
Is Anpviza a crap brand? My research found that it is a rebranded Dahua camera and that's why I bought it. If thats the case then I will just return them and get something else. This really feels like a software problem that can be solved if I can get someone knowledgeable to chime in.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be worth checking with the supplier if there is a firmware update for the cams?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Rebranded Dahua translate into a camera with less features and, probably, not meeting standards for a Dahua label. Why not just buy Dahua and know that you can upgrade firmware easily, if needed, and that it meets their specs?