Cameras locked after power outage

Mar 11, 2022
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Here is my problem and I've fixed that before and just can't remember what I did
This is what I have "Dahua NVR 4261-16P-4K 16 channels with 8 PoE " I can login to the nvr no problem. After again a slight tripping of the electricity everything came back but the cameras are on login in each and every one of them
and I tried to log in them to end up locking them. Reason being I was away did not know about that god dam power tripping again and I tried to log into my system upm times and locked the cameras in the process.
When I came home I rebooted everything the nvr was fine but the cameras are still in login individual mode because I changed the password for a unique one for all of them.
Well guess what dum dum here did not write it down and I obviously don't remember it. I remember an exact situation like that but again I can't remember what I did to log back in them or reset them.
Like I said the nvr is working fine (I have 4 other cameras different model and wireless and showing up on my tv) the 8 cameras are hard wired PoE installed, all l outside of the house, and have no reset button
If I screw the dog trying to enter a password in say one of the camera; I lock myself out after 5 attempts.
I unplugged the nvr ump times, also all the cameras on PoE in the back, also tried the previous nvr I had before I purchased this current one and nope they are not showing up.
This tells me that they did not reset after I tried numerous attempt to log into the system. Right now they are unlock but not loging in to the nvr because of the password.
I've downloaded dahua config tools but only the nvr is showing up in password reset in config tools and can't access the cameras individually to reset the password. What in the world can I try now?
Please and thank you

Some cameras have a no physical reset button.. however some (<--- operative word) do have contacts that can be jumped to achieve the reset.

What model cameras?

Some cameras have a no physical reset button.. however some (<--- operative word) do have contacts that can be jumped to achieve the reset.

What model cameras?
I can't tell you for sure they were install by a company besides I won't go 15' high on a ladder to screw the dog on them. The last time this happened I was able to restart them. I took down 1 inside the house and there is no reset button the one outside are exactly the same except made for outside. I do have the IP address of those cameras in front of me right now but is there anything I can do with that? I tried changing password directly on the nvr but it's asking me the old password which I don't have so it's a catch 22 right now

I can't tell you for sure they were install by a company besides I won't go 15' high on a ladder to screw the dog on them. The last time this happened I was able to restart them. I took down 1 inside the house and there is no reset button the one outside are exactly the same except made for outside. I do have the IP address of those cameras in front of me right now but is there anything I can do with that? I tried changing password directly on the nvr but it's asking me the old password which I don't have so it's a catch 22 right now

I finally got them to connect to the nvr. I did lots of reading, researching on the internet screwing the dog and found out that cameras and nvr MUST have the same password in order to talk to each other and work.
After I disconnected all of them and let them be for a bit I reconnect only one and it came back, so I connect all the other one and they all came back with a complete nvr reset in the process; so all is working fine now.
I read that the only way for some cameras to reset themselves is to simply disconnect them and let them be for a while, they reset themselves and start talking to the nvr or simply adapt to the nvr password and reset
and start working so all and all problem solved. Food for the mind for other I learned something

Reactions: SpacemanSpiff
Hmmm... I'm surprised the password mismatch issue took this long to surface.

I figured you would've experienced issues shortly after making the camera password different from NVR

I finally got them to connect to the nvr. I did lots of reading, researching on the internet screwing the dog and found out that cameras and nvr MUST have the same password in order to talk to each other and work.
After I disconnected all of them and let them be for a bit I reconnect only one and it came back, so I connect all the other one and they all came back with a complete nvr reset in the process; so all is working fine now.
I read that the only way for some cameras to reset themselves is to simply disconnect them and let them be for a while, they reset themselves and start talking to the nvr or simply adapt to the nvr password and reset
and start working so all and all problem solved. Food for the mind for other I learned something
Always best to have any NVR system running on a good APC UPS.
It will help you avoid this problem, and many many others.

+1 ^^^^^^

Even a smaller UPS can run an POE NVR for ay least 45 minutes. I had a 650VA APC UPS running the NVR and 10 POE cameras for 55 minutes. Small investment when one considers the protection they provide from power surges and how they can keep a system running through shorter power outages.