Camera's not showing after Reset Dauha NVR

kay5ive

n3wb
Oct 17, 2024
Pakistan
Hi,
I reset my Dahua NVR and all the IP camera's not showing their video's. I had assigned IP addresses to all the cameras and i remember password of all camera's. I remember their IP series but don't know which camera has which IP. How easy can I be if my assistant even remembers? If I remember the IP of the NVR, will it be easy to give the IP of the cameras?

Is it a POE NVR or are the cameras connected to a separate POE switch?

What model # NVR?

The default IP for a Dahua NVR is 192.168.1.108

can you access the NVR?
After reset it will default to 192.168.1.108
Enter that into a browser (ie or pale moon) and you should reach it

I'm doing all this because one of my hard drives stopped working. Two drives of 8, 8 TB are attached.
This is what i do my NVR reseted.

On a browser on your laptop through your wifi, but yes you can do it via a monitor and mouse plugged into the NVR

My guess is you defaulted the NVR, it changed to the default IP of 192.168.1.108 and either A) connected cameras were dropped because theyre all on an external switch and will need to be re-added OR B) theyre working fine but you cant see them because your laptop is not on the same network segment as the NVR now and you need to change the NVR IP under Networking

Need to see the networking and camera registration tabs images from your NVR. - Too much guessing without seeing

Last edited:
I'm doing all this because one of my hard drives stopped working. Two drives of 8, 8 TB are attached.
This is what i do my NVR reseted.

For future reference, thete is no need to reset the NVR. You simply unplug the NVR and swap out the HDD. The brain of the NVR is on the motherboard not the HDD, so you created a lot more work for yourself resetting the NVR.

On a browser on your laptop through your wifi, but yes you can do it via a monitor and mouse plugged into the NVR

My guess is you defaulted the NVR, it changed to the default IP of 192.168.1.108 and either A) connected cameras were dropped because theyre all on an external switch and will need to be re-added OR B) theyre working fine but you cant see them because your laptop is not on the same network segment as the NVR now and you need to change the NVR IP under Networking
If the IP address of the NVR is remain same as 192.168.1.108 then can i give manual IP's to each camera's via monitor?

No
You will have to use the Web GUI for each camera separately to change their IP address

For future reference, thete is no need to reset the NVR. You simply unplug the NVR and swap out the HDD. The brain of the NVR is on the motherboard not the HDD, so you created a lot more work for yourself resetting the NVR.
yes, i haven't tried it yet.

Will have to reset each camera to factory defaults to unlock the static IP address?
Or.....In the NVR menu under Camera's do a device search, and change the Camera's password to match the password of the NVR.
Even if you used the same password on the reset NVR, you still need to enter it again in the "add device" menu.

So do I have to remove each camera from its location and assign IPs to the cameras in turn by turn?

No. As mentioned above, contact each camera by their existing IP address via a web browser on a computer on the same network as the cameras