Cams offline.

Reaction score
Question guys and I’m sure this has been answered here a dozen times already ad nauseam. However, my question is, or better yet my problem is, I installed 15 cameras on an apartment complex two years ago. And what’s happening is 3 cameras go offline. I have multiple switches and wireless bridges connecting a few of the cams. 2 cams on the switch are offline and one cam connected directly to the NVR is going offline.

is there a bandwidth issue here? And is there a way to “dial back” some of the parameters for bandwidth conservation?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can lower resolution, bitrate and FPS to lower bandwidth requirements.

Just because an NVR is X number of channels doesn't mean it can actually support X number depending on the resolution, bitrate, and FPS.

And with your system, it sounds like there is also travel thru networks, so there are lots of areas that bottlenecks could be occurring.

Reaction score
You can lower resolution, bitrate and FPS to lower bandwidth requirements.

Just because an NVR is X number of channels doesn't mean it can actually support X number depending on the resolution, bitrate, and FPS.

And with your system, it sounds like there is also travel thru networks, so there are lots of areas that bottlenecks could be occurring.
I think you’re absolutely correct. I’m here now troubleshooting and I’ve done precisely what you said and a few cams came back up. The one connected directly to the NVR is actually the one I’m currently struggling with.