Can BI clone a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP PTZ to take a photo every hour

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a small farm and want to document wildlife on a pond.
I need more zoom than Dahua Bullet camera thus the PTZ.
Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Any camera can be cloned and set to do whatever you may need it to do. In the case of a PTZ it should only be controlled, PTZ functions, from one instance and the other instance will be limited to the view of the "master".

There are Dahua, and Hivision for that matter, varifocal bullets with higher powered lenses. Check with Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY , for models, resolution and focal lengths. They would be less expensive than a zoom but more expensive that a "standard" varifocal.

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any camera can be cloned and set to do whatever you may need it to do. In the case of a PTZ it should only be controlled, PTZ functions, from one instance and the other instance will be limited to the view of the "master".

There are Dahua, and Hivision for that matter, varifocal bullets with higher powered lenses. Check with Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY , for models, resolution and focal lengths. They would be less expensive than a zoom but more expensive that a "standard" varifocal.
Thanks for the reply
I have the PTZ on the way from andy for keeping an eye on the farm which is about 150 acres.
Not sure of the amount of zoom needed to watch my pond wildlife, the PTZ could let me find out.
Another option is solar powered and radio link back to base or internet.
This security camera stuff is a bit addictive. I am well used to SLR cameras but these security cameras are a challenge,