Can I change the IP of 5 cameras to match Dahua nvr

Mar 11, 2022
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hi Guys
I have a Dahua NVR 4261-16P-4K 16 channels with 8 PoE cameras with IP 10.1.0.X and 4 QSee with IP 192.XXX.X.X all working fine on the Dahua nvr and I want ot switch 5 cameras from an SMonet nvr with IP's 172.XXX.X.X in order to flush the Smonet nvr
and have everything on 1 nvr the Dahua, can it be done? I tried with a config tool to change the IP, tried with the pc or directly on the nvr, connect one of the cameras into
the PoE of the Dahua to see if the nvr would detect it I basically tried everything to no avail.
Can it be done and how?
Thanks guys you will probably be more help than I can say about Dahua's support (they are washing their hands of the whole thing because it was bought on Amazon)
and the outfit I bought it from on Amazon
Oh I almost forgot the nvr came with a remote and I don't know how to use it and I think I bricked it

Well with my math that’s 17 cameras, so no, the Dahua NVR is 16 channels

But In theory you can add 4 of them. You would need to go into each camera itself and assign a 192.x.x.x address (on the same network as the NVR) which it would appear what the Qsee cameras are. Then you would be able to discover/see them from the Dahua NVR.

Whether the NVR will work with them I have no idea depending on the brand of camera.