Can I mount the HDW5231R-ZE vertical?

Reaction score
I only have 1 option to mount this turret vertically, and was wondering is that okay? or I would need some kind of 'vertical adapter' type to mount it? And if it can mount vertically, do I need anything else beside the camera to mount it? thanks for the help.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes you can rotate the bezel to get the slot whichever way you need it and the camera inside the bezel to get it level.

Reaction score
thanks looney, I really like the wall mount bracket, was wondering if Andy carry that item at his shop, also how do I mount the turret to the bracket? the bottom of the turret will fit in the hole on top of the bracket?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
thanks looney, I really like the wall mount bracket, was wondering if Andy carry that item at his shop, also how do I mount the turret to the bracket? the bottom of the turret will fit in the hole on top of the bracket?
Sure we have, but you can contact me via emails, can do some more discount for you ,lol.

upload_2018-5-24_12-22-19.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's simple to mount the cam to the wall bracket. A couple of screws attach it so it hangs off the L.

20180524_150350.jpg

Reaction score
Nice pict, I like it, thanks. One more thing, is this a right camera to monitor front of my garage which is 30' wide x 50' long (to the street) and still see the license plate at 50' mark?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine are mounted vertically with no issues. It works great for monitoring my driveway, but with the way I have the zoom set I can't pick up a license plate 50' away.

IMG_2213.JPG IMG_2268.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Mine are mounted vertically with no issues. It works great for monitoring my driveway, but with the way I have the zoom set I can't pick up a license plate 50' away.

View attachment 29793 View attachment 29794
Nice pics!All cams surely can hang directly, just make the installation little harder than the brackets, drill on the way not too easy.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice pict, I like it, thanks. One more thing, is this a right camera to monitor front of my garage which is 30' wide x 50' long (to the street) and still see the license plate at 50' mark?
You need to dedicate a cam for LPR reading, see the LPR subject area.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of a custom mount I made out of the composite material you can buy at a Home Depot. Camera mounted vertically with the PFB203W mount.

IMG_0862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have used two different mounting boxes for the HDW5231R-ZE cameras. The cameras covering my driveway hanging from the soffit were mounted using the PFA130-E, while the cameras in my back yard were mounted using the PFA122 boxes.

Since I did this install in stages, I started with the driveway and did the back yard months later, purchasing items at separate times.

The driveway cameras using the PFA130-E boxes are not very high off the ground and a normal height step ladder was used. You have to attach the camera wires prior to installing the box cover, then get the rubber grommet installed around the wire. Then install the camera ring to the cover, then install the camera and lock it to the ring. It was a difficult time to do this for me on a ladder but I did it twice. The install is clean and secure. One needs to use the tool to remove the ring to get the camera out. It would have been easier if I had three arms.

On the back yard installs, I chose the PFA122 boxes. I had to use a much taller ladder and decided the easier mounting of this box was worth a try. The difference is that you can mount the camera ring to the box cover while on the ground, threading the wire through the rubber grommet and attaching the camera and locking it in the ring at that time. Then you just plug in the wire and put the assembled box cover with camera onto the box. The drawback is the box cover screws are exposed for the taking.DSC_4468.JPGInkedDRRT.I.jpgDSC_4480.JPGBack Yard NW Corner 2019-2-27 12.41.15.302 PM.jpg