Can I mount these cameras on trees?

Reaction score
I am trying to get a certain coverage area with as few cameras as possible, and the only way to do that would be to mount directly to a couple of trees (and probably hide the PoE cabling underground). I'm thinking of doing this with the 3MP or 4MP turrets. Any thoughts on how that would work and how best to mount them?

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it would be doable.

Major issue is that the cabling has to run up the tree from the ground. Unless you put it inside some type of conduit, your system is going to be very easy to sabotage from ground level.

Reaction score
How do you recommend actually mounting it? These turrets have the wires coming straight from the back right? Will look into conduit options, good point.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am an electrical worker and was considering mounting two of my cameras to trees as well but changed my mind. I figured by the time I installed the conduit and a weathertight box to mount the camera to keep the connections dry I would have quite a bit to try to disguise to keep it out of sight. I know people have run direct burial cat 5 cable over and straight up the tree but figured the squirrels on my property would chew that to shreds. In the end I mounted 2 to my detached garage and 2 on the house to cover the 4 sides. I used direct burial in pvc conduit to the garage from the house. Monoprice had a good deal on direct burial cat5e solid copper.