Can I remove the menus around the UI3 full screen?

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I now have my TV showing just the 5 cameras I want almost full screen while cycling. Now I would like to understand if I can get rid of the menus on that screen (top and left side) so the camera's will cycle completely full screen.
-Bill

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
There's a full-screen button in the lower right corner of the dashboard page which will get rid of the menus and also all browser chrome.

Also, according to the docs, you can use the url: ui3.htm?maximize=1 to suppress the top and left nav, but this leaves the browser toolbars and such displayed. To go into full screen, you'd need to figure out how to launch your browser in kiosk/full-screen mode (this depends on browser and OS).

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This works! http://10.0.0.1:81/ui3.htm?maximize=1 No tool bars or anything else. Just can't figure out how to get to the Group Cycle menu now to pick what camera group to cycle.. I have all the cameras up again without cycling. Any idea's, maybe something could be added to the URI ?

-Bill

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can specify a group name as a URL parameter. Look in UI3's help file, in the "URL Parameters" section.

If you have updated BI within the last month or so then in UI Settings > Extra, you can enable a "maximize" button which will let you hide and show the left and top UI bars. This is probably more convenient than reloading the page with different URL arguments :)

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, I never opened that Help, I guess I thought it opened the same chm file that BI did. Thanks!

I am able to open the group I want using the group= parameter, but I cannot open it in cycle mode, as in group="StreetView cycle" Quotes, no quotes etc. the word "cycle" appears in the pick-list for each group I have in the pull down. Is there a way to specify the cycle choice on the URI?

-Bill

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am able to open the group I want using the group= parameter, but I cannot open it in cycle mode, as in group="StreetView cycle" Quotes, no quotes etc. the word "cycle" appears in the pick-list for each group I have in the pull down. Is there a way to specify the cycle choice on the URI?
Yes, but there is a trick to it. Cycles are accessed as the group name prefixed with "@" so for the All cameras cycle you must enter "@index" as the group name.

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't see that in the parameters help. Cool. Thanks I will give that a whirl ! -Bill