Can 'next alert' in timeline review factor in pre-trigger time?

adam_adam

n3wb
Reaction score
I record continuously. I have alerts set based on motion triggers. In each cam's "Record" tab settings, I have X seconds of pre-trigger buffer.

If I review alerts via the 'Clips' pane for individual cams, it appears to begin playing the footage at X seconds prior to the trigger's start, as desired.

In my 4-cam view, if I review footage via timeline playback and using the "Next Alert" button, it seems to jump to the exact moment when next trigger occurred, instead of beginning at "-X" seconds.

I would prefer to review alerts while having 4 cams up, but I find myself having to "rewind" a bit after clicking 'Next Alert' if I want to see the footage just prior to the trigger. This is surprisingly cumbersome.

Is there a setting to change to achieve what I want? I haven't found anything obvious.

In order to accomplish what I want, I was thinking about playing around with having a cloned set of cameras that only record triggered footage (+ the prior X seconds before triggers) and storing in a separate drive, then reviewing *all* footage from that set. But, I haven't thought this through and it's quite possibly an ill-conceived workaround.