Can Push Notifications open the video/alert that triggered them?

VladGur

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally got Push Notifications working on my latest IOs app -- 2.00.13. Even with images when im on the local network or VPN.
One thing that does annoy me is that clicking on notification simply opens the app -- it does not take me to the alert that actually triggered this and that in itself requried several clicks and searches in the app which takes away from the urgency of the alert.

Is there any way to have iOS push notifications actually open the video that triggered it....

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.
However, I have proposed a work around... just waiting for @bp2008 to add a feature to UI3 :)

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the 3D touch for the Rich Notification on my iPhone - and while it's not the whole video it is about 10 frames that were captured and is a quick way to see what the notification is all about without even unlocking your phone.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got Push Notifications working on my latest IOs app -- 2.00.13. Even with images when im on the local network or VPN.
One thing that does annoy me is that clicking on notification simply opens the app -- it does not take me to the alert that actually triggered this and that in itself requried several clicks and searches in the app which takes away from the urgency of the alert.

Is there any way to have iOS push notifications actually open the video that triggered it....
This used to be the way it worked on the Android app at least, but somewhere along the line it changed. I emailed Ken about it a couple of months ago. Crickets.