Can someone help me solve my predicament?

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received from China a
[h=1]Dahua IPC-HFW4300R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm varifocal motorized lens network camera 3MP IR ip camera POE cctv camera[/h]It actually has the Dahua logo on it. My problem is, I don't have software to test it (planned on buying BI real soon, but I think I got ahead of myself and ordered this camera too soon). I am still building a dedicated video server. How do I test this camera in the meantime? I want to make sure that the zoom, etc. works. It did come with a mini CD, with the following directory structure:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dad>D:

D:\>dir /w
Volume in drive D has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2D5A-3D31

Directory of D:\

Contents.pdf [Quick Guide] [Software] [Tools] [User's Manual]
1 File(s) 10,613 bytes
4 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

D:\>

I am new to IP cameras and systems and am still learning. How do I test this just in case it needs an RMA? Would I need to install BI first? Thanks in advance.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most of the Dahua cameras come set static iP as 192.168.1.108. Put the camera on your network and open IE and go to that IP address. If that doesn't bring you to the web interface, let me know.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reconfigure your computer to have the address: 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0 and no gateway/dns.

you should then be able to connect to http://192.168.1.108, from here you have full control, no need for any software other than a web plugin.. then reconfigure the camera for your main network and save the settings.. now you should be able to restore your network config and access it through whatever address you gave it or it got.

If you want to use client software for viewing the cameras you can get SmartPSS from here: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_2.html