Cant add MJPEG stream/camera

petervk

n3wb
Reaction score
HI all, I'm running an android app (MQTT Alarm Panel) on a tablet that exposes the tablet's camera as a MJPEG video stream. I can view this stream with a browser by going to http://IP_ADDRESS:2971/camera/stream, and it comes up fine with no authentication, login etc. I can also view this stream on VLC by entering the same URL into Open Network Stream which works fine.

However I don't seem to be able to add this "camera" to BI. I've tried various options under the Generic/ONVIF type, entering 2971 for the Media stream and leaving the Discovery/ONVIF port untouched...For some "models" of camera (MJPEG Stream) I get Error: 8000274d (failed to connect), other models I just get No Signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the Make "Generic/ONVIF", have you tried the Model drop-down for "VLC-compatible RTSP" ?

petervk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tony, yes I have. After applying the settings below, the coloured test stripes show up for a minute or so, and then it fails with no signal. VLC and the browser load the stream immediately.

1625146555696.png

What is discovery port doing here? There's nothing listening on port 80 on the tablet.

petervk

n3wb
Reaction score
Got a message back from BI support who helped get this working. Turns out the port (2971) needs to be added to the URL, and ignore/leave the "port" text boxes untouched. This is works:

1625615828287.png