Can't enable Geofencing in BI app

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up geofencing on my Android for a new BI install. I have location permissions set to "allow all the time". In the server settings on the Android BI app I select "50m (optimal)" under the geofence radius, then I select "Server Location". I hit Done on the settings menu, then when I go back in to settings on the BI app it shows geofence is "off".

Any idea how to fix this?

Android app version 3.0.24
Blue Iris server version 5.4.3.9

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, I have notifications allowed and I am receiving notifications on the phone
Untitled.jpg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think the Android app may have a bug in the Geofence radius control... I’ve experienced the opposite - selected ‘off’ and touched ‘Done’, then returned to the Settings page and the control shows my previous 400m selection... I submitted a ticket over a week ago and received a reply that the issue was forwarded to the ‘Android team’.

In the mean time test your device. Your selected radius may be in effect but the app is failing to show the actual vale.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the Android app may have a bug in the Geofence radius control... I’ve experienced the opposite - selected ‘off’ and touched ‘Done’, then returned to the Settings page and the control shows my previous 400m selection... I submitted a ticket over a week ago and received a reply that the issue was forwarded to the ‘Android team’.

In the mean time test your device. Your selected radius may be in effect but the app is failing to show the actual vale.
Thanks, it's good to know it's not just me. I'll open a ticket too, maybe that will help speed it up.

The geofence isn't working on my phone, you can see in my screenshot above under the geofence column it is blank.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I missed that detail in your screenshot. Have you already tried deleting your devices in the Mobile devices tab, then reconnecting?

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I missed that detail in your screenshot. Have you already tried deleting your devices in the Mobile devices tab, then reconnecting?
Yep, I've tried deleting the devices as well as a full phone and server reboot after deleting the devices

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Geofence on Android sure can be challenging sometimes!

Here’s a thread with more ideas...

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In my testing, the 'Geofence radius' control has been fixed with the latest update - version 3.0.25 in the Play Store now.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on app version 3.0.26 and when I select 'Enable', it responds with 'Missing background location permission'. Selecting 'Grant Permission' and the requester goes away. Geofence is still disabled. What am I missing?