Cant get IVS to trigger.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua's guidance for IVS:
  • The target should be less than 10% of the image.
  • The target size in the image should not be less than 50×50 pixels.
  • Brightness difference between the target and the background should not be less than 10 greyscale.
  • The target should be continuously present in the image for no less than two seconds, and Event 134 the moving distance of the target should be larger than its width and no less than 15 pixels (CIF image).
  • Reduce the complexity of surveillance scene as possible as you can. Intelligent analysis function is not recommended to be used in scene with dense targets and frequent illumination change.
  • Avoid areas such as glass, reflective ground, water surface, and areas interfered by branch, shadow and mosquito. Avoid backlight scene and direct light.
I think at least part of it is the complexity of the scene and little residence time for recognition given that as they pass through quickly. Also geometry as far as how the box/lines are drawn vs the scene.

Try making a zig-zag tripwire with a little more horizontal coverage angling from the front of the mat up to the top of the door.

Try setting target filter with human turned on.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Camera settings are all on default.

An intrusion box still wont see anyone coming or going.
There is a rare trigger when a customer dawdles at the door,
but people just casually walking in wont trigger a thing.

View attachment 144472

Ive tried it with Cross and Inside as well, still no trigger.
The 'closed hours' intrusion zone encompasses the entire showroom at shoulder height,
and while it does trigger sometimes, its not reliable enough that I deem it useful.

Plain motion detect might work if I just paint the doormat as a zone,
but this is limited in that it wont let me set different zones for day and night.

Built in detection on the Dahua cams seems a bit flaky.. :drool:
I guess this is why people resort to things like Blue Iris?
It's not flaky, it requires proper setup.

Try a zigzag tripwire like below, and variations of that sample. A cam left on factory defaults will not perform at its best, ever.
Also consider doing the Global setup as well as outlined here: Global setup

Tripwire.png

Sokonomi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried the global setup by literally using 4 pieces of 1 meter tape, but no matter what I try, verification keeps coming up 0.00 :rolleyes:

As for the zigzagging line, I can not have it extend that far out, as it will likely trigger every time a customer is just browsing in that area. But I will try it this way;

1667377739378.png
As for the human filter, not sure if that would work; the door swings open towards the camera, obscuring the view as they enter. So it would have to detect the door swinging through, instead.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So in global setup, did you type in the the distance of the tape and then when hitting verify it came back 0? You have to manually type in the distance of each measurement.

That line is too small, make it bigger like Looney showed.

And have you taken off of default settings?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried the global setup by literally using 4 pieces of 1 meter tape, but no matter what I try, verification keeps coming up 0.00 :rolleyes:

As for the zigzagging line, I can not have it extend that far out, as it will likely trigger every time a customer is just browsing in that area. But I will try it this way;

View attachment 144541
As for the human filter, not sure if that would work; the door swings open towards the camera, obscuring the view as they enter. So it would have to detect the door swinging through, instead.
Think 3D try the below

1667390563802.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that's more what I had in mind. Angle up from the end of that mat with a zig-zag higher and on the same plane as the door to get more opportunity/time to trigger.

Checking human is to see if it makes a difference given there's a lot going on in that scene. Might simplify things as far as what the model needs to assess. Don't know.

Going back to your earlier post, if you can't get IVS to work there as you want, you should be able to set a period for regular motion detection. First button on the Video Detection screen. Set that active only during the day. Leave your other IVS box active at night.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On mine I found sometimes if the IVS trip lines are too short, they wouldn't trip.

Sokonomi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I unfortunately had to resort to using plain motion detect on the top edge of my showroom door.
It works, but lacks the nicer features that IVS offers (it trips when people enter AND leave).
I think it doesn't like the actual door swinging through, despite not having a people filter on it.