Can't initialize my new Dahua IP cam.

Jmonroe

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie here. Okay, my turn. I received my Dahua camera and have been trying to initialize it. When I type its IP address in the IE browser it times out. When I use ConfigTool it also times out. Why is the camera timing out in the tool and when I try to bring it up by its IP address in the browser?

Attachments

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If your computer isn't on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet it won't find the camera using IE. Looks like config tool is finding it. If your computer IS on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet, there's possibly an IP address conflict. You do have only one new camera plugged in while trying to do this, right.

Jmonroe

n3wb
Reaction score
If your computer isn't on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet it won't find the camera using IE. Looks like config tool is finding it. If your computer IS on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet, there's possibly an IP address conflict. You do have only one new camera plugged in while trying to do this, right.
Only one camera. The tool finds it, but I have tried several time to initialize it. I just get timeout messages. My subnet is 192.168.0.xxx

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here do not use the config tool as we keep our cameras off the internet.

Some tips to get you started:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1643659199778.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it you are in the USA and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Only one camera. The tool finds it, but I have tried several time to initialize it. I just get timeout messages. My subnet is 192.168.0.xxx
your on the wrong ip address scheme, you wont get there with the x.x.0.x you need x.x.1.x