Changing fonts-

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to change the fonts in Blue Iris. The passwords for a couple of my cameras contain "O/O" (zero/capitol O) and "I/l" (Capitol I/small L) and I can't tell them apart. Is it possible to change the font so these two pairs of characters are easier to distinguish? I am moving cameras around and need to write down the password. I don't want to try every permutation. I used the Password Generator tool in my Password Vault (Roboform), I should have used the "exclude similar characters" option when the passwords were originally generated.

Live and Learn
John

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Are your cams exposed to others in some way? If not, then not much need for complex passwords. Most all of the exploits just go around the passwords anyway.

I don't recall ever seeing any way to change the fonts for BI specifically. I suppose you could change the default Windows fonts.

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great idea, change the widows default fonts! I just took a look at that. Unfortunately it can't happen with a registry edit. I am not even certain that it carry over into Blue Iris. It looks like I will be trying permutations and see what gets accepted.

Last edited:

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally tried the permutions. There were a total of 8 permutations. I got it to work after 5 or six tries.