Changing zoom on Z12E camera day/night

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve been using the day/night utility for my Z12E cameras. However, on one of them I’d like to go from being zoomed all the way in during the day to being almost being completely zoomed out during the night. When toggling between my #1 and #2 profiles (day/night) both zoom and focus stay the same. Is there a way to remedy this?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not within the camera itself. Those with programming skills accessing via the API can probably get that to work.

That said, the camera isn’t designed for constant changes to the zoom and will likely fail fairly quickly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It can be done with this utility if the GUI is the old black/grey/orange GUI.

If not, then further on that post are how to put in the APIs in BI are in there.

While varifocals are designed as a set and forget, many of us have had a varifocal change once or twice per day based on day/night and work fine. Mine is still going strong since 2019. The only exception is the focus has drifted over time, probably because of this daily zoom, but a simple "recalibrate" it to a new focus number fixed that, but I have only had to do that once.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

If not, then further on that post are how to put in the APIs in BI are in there.

While varifocals are designed as a set and forget, many of us have had a varifocal change once or twice per day based on day/night and work fine. Mine is still going strong since 2019. The only exception is the focus has drifted over time, probably because of this daily zoom, but a simple "recalibrate" it to a new focus number fixed that, but I have only had to do that once.

This thing works like a champ. I had given up on it before and used the schedule/presets inside BI for day/night configurations. One question, will this start up with BI upon restart of the machine?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Very surprising