Check FPS and key rates/Error 8000ffff

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this exclamation sign on this camera, which I haven't encounter before.
Do you guys know what could be the problem? iframe is the same. It used to work great for years.
Lately, I had a bad memory leak(just memory, cpu was low), it was increasing the usage as I was watching(over 4GB), even if I changed the firmware all the way back, to a 5.7 version, or the latest, did not make a difference. I have disabled HA, still did not make a diffrenence.
I have added more memory(had 8 now I have 16), updated to the latest stable firmware, and it seems like it is stable for the last 24 hours.
Now I have this issue with this camera.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera is it?

I have seen the lower FPS happen when the POE port was going bad.

The 8000ffff is something that pops up with some cameras the first few minutes after the camera is restarted and then stops.

If it doesn't stop, then you need to go into the camera GUI and turn off ONVIF authenticator.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It is my first camera, an old Chinese market HFW4431R-Z. In the BI I don't even have a video image, the plug-in doesn't even work anymore, but for the side alley it is an OK camera. If I adjust something on it, I use UI3 to view it.
Where can I find the ONVIF authenticator? I can't find it, I found only in the camera setup, the "get ONVIF trigger events".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ONVIF authenticator is in the camera GUI, not BI.

For Dahua, which is sounds like that is what this camera is an OEM of, Under Network > Access Platform, turn onvif authenticator off i

It is an issue where the camera and BI are having "handshake" issues and thinks that there is a problem, when there isn't. It is an annoying issue, but not causing any issues other than we don't like seeing that error message LOL.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It was under network, that is why I couldn't find it.
Ok, that worked for the 8000ffff error code.
I still have the "Check FPS and key rates error" on.
Thank you wittaj, you are the best!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah for that try a different power supply and see if that fixes it.

I had a camera that was dropping FPS in BI like that and it ended up being a failing POE port.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have tried switching ports, and even good working camera cables to that port, with no change, I guess you are right.
I have tried this camera/cable to use a working port and it still did not boot up(no image). Maybe the camera is dead?!
I will investigate it soon.
The weird thing is that now I have another camera with the same FPS error, but at the moment is still working.
I have a feeling that my POE+ switch is dying. I will have to open it up, and start measuring.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have deleted it and reinstalled it, now I have a No signal - Error: 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password)0
Camera works in GUI(though since no NACL support I don't have video in GUI).