Choosing a Dahua PTZ

Steve_s29

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

This is my first post on here, I have spent a good bunch of time reading through y'alls assorted posts and threads regarding the different variations of PTZ cameras as well as reading through all the recommended newbie threads trying to learn as much as I can prior to floating a question:

I am setting up my first IP camera system on a large property and the heart of the system for me is going to be 2 long range zoom PTZ cameras; that is actually the original technology that got me interested in IP cameras.

The PTZ's will be primarily used for viewing and recording wildlife(hopefully automatically) on a couple of neighboring mountainsides ranging approx 200 - 1000 yards from my building.

I have narrowed down to the 25X to 45X zoom PTZ's and would lean towards a 45X but I am also interested in trying to maintain decent night vision ability. I am looking at the WIZ series and am currently considering these 3 cameras, The first camera is a 25X zoom but I am including it because the sensor looks larger than the other 2 and I am assuming it might yield a significant improvement in nighttime ability barring any technological advancement the other 2 cameras may possess.

I am open to suggestions, or even an asskicking if it helps point me in the right direction, also open to other camera suggestions if I have missed a good option, thanks!

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good morning.

The best choice between day and night performance is the first model you have posted, and the most successful PTZ model sold on this forum.( @EMPIRETECANDY )

Here I leave you this link in which each characteristic that a camera has is explained, and in the photograph that I include is so that you can see that the sensor has to go according to the pixels.

MP-Sensor.png

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score