Circular polarizer for an eyeball camera

bass00069

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to mount a CP on a HDW5231R-Z camera? I was thinking of mounting my camera inside a room above the garage looking through a window, but it picks up the reflections in the glass. Are there any cameras with a built in filter?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you're speaking of reflections on the window of things inside the room, then fabricate a shroud around the end of the cam that extends from the cam to the glass to block any and all light from hitting the glass that originates from behind the camera and in the room.

The shroud should be opaque and black inside so that only light coming directly through the window from outside will reach the cam's image sensor and nothing from inside the room.

If you're speaking of IR reflection, turn that off in the cam and use an external IR emitter, if needed.

Reaction score
I was thinking of mounting my camera inside a room above the garage looking through a window
I do exactly that. But I do what @TonyR stated.

Mounted the cam to a 1x4" board that is placed in the window using book shelf pegs. I hung a black piece of cloth from the board such that it is between the cam and the blinds. This stops all reflections from the inside of the room onto the window. No IR is used. From the outside, it just looks as if the blinds are drawn up part way.

DSC_5089.JPGIMG_1554.JPGDriveway Window 2021-03-22 10.11.55.927 AM.jpg