CISCO 6630 IP Camera installation

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
i am very new to Cisco Camera. just bought a used Cisco 6630 ip camera. connected to my PoE switch, getting power and data link on switch, but don't find its IP address to view footage.. is there any difference in setup Cisco camera unlike others? how to set it up ?

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya, i have searched everywhere, but didn't find the right advise.. Well the challenge is finding the Camera IP on the network. i am entering , but previous owner of this Camera might have changed IP which i am unable to trace, using other tools. i can find all my other Dahua IP cameras on the network.. don't know why this Ciso ip is not found

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Look in your status page of your router and see if it was assigned address in DHCP?
If it is DHCP by default, maybe plug it in without a router in the mix and try to talk to it thru a switch at ..0.100?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ya, i have searched everywhere, but didn't find the right advise.. Well the challenge is finding the Camera IP on the network. i am entering , but previous owner of this Camera might have changed IP which i am unable to trace, using other tools. i can find all my other Dahua IP cameras on the network.. don't know why this Ciso ip is not found
Reading those instructions, the camera comes from the factory set to DHCP.
So, as @Flintstone61 mentions, you should be able to find the ip that your router assigned in the router.

You can also follow this method.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i'd definitely factory reset it at this point,
Some routers are crap for showing connected devices by IP.
If yours is older, it may be time to jump up to a router with more modern features.
I have this old Linksys/Cisco thing that doesn't have anything about connected devices in the " Status" page.
But Im not really " on the net" with the condo machine. I'm using Xfinity Public Wi-Fi to Send email alerts from a wireless network,
in the 172.20.20.x address, and the hardwired NIC is on a net with 192.168.1.x address scheme with all the BI hardware.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I use Advanced IP Scanner, you put in a ip range and it will list devices in that range by ip and manufacturer. Real handy for when something defaults to DHCP to find the ip to log in with.
It is free.

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
i'd definitely factory reset it at this point,
Some routers are crap for showing connected devices by IP.
If yours is older, it may be time to jump up to a router with more modern features.
I have this old Linksys/Cisco thing that doesn't have anything about connected devices in the " Status" page.
But Im not really " on the net" with the condo machine. I'm using Xfinity Public Wi-Fi to Send email alerts from a wireless network,
in the 172.20.20.x address, and the hardwired NIC is on a net with 192.168.1.x address scheme with all the BI hardware.

Thank you all, i have done factory reset and it worked well...i was able to log in and see the live video. Now, i tried to add this to my Dahua NVR, i found this Camera on NVR and added, with ONVIF protocol, but camera is not getting live...

is there any separate software for Cisco IP Cameras...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the IP address that the Dahua NVR assigned the camera? I think usually with a Dhcp camera, The Nvr "finds" the cam at a 10.10. somthing address? is that how your other camera's are addressed?