'Clarice' on Paramount +

Reaction score
I have grown up almost all of my adult life with Star Trek. I would rather watch my least favorite Star Trek episode/movie then anything else. No, I don't go to conventions or wear pointy ears. :) So that explains why I have Paramount + I have recently started watching the series on it called 'Clarice' from the 'Silence of the Lambs' series of movies. Clarice is the detective character that talks with Hannibal Lecter. So, I have been enjoying the series until last night. WTF do they have to put political statements into EVERYTHING NOW???? The entire episode was about the 'black coalition' of FBI agents suing the agency (fair enough, but it just seemed to go to far with it) and about a 'tranny' 'its/his/hers words not mine, talking about all the hate against 'trannies'. OK, really hard shit to swallow, then the two black FBI agents are talking, and the female agent sales to the male agent, 'At what age do we tell our children what this country is really about?'. That's when I clicked it off.

I have had ENOUGH of this WOKE BS and EVERYONE trying to tell me and my family what WE MUST BELIEVE, WHAT WE MUST ACCEPT. Well you know what, go to hell. It's not going to happen. OMG...if you don't like this country, GTFO NOW!

Yes, we have made mistakes as a country, and yes, we will continue to do so. But THIS IS THE BEST DAMN COUNTRY this world has ever known!

Yes, I know, turn it off. But before I do, I will be writing them a letter. Will not do a damn thing in this day of 'wokeness' aka: MASSIVE STUPIDITY, but it will make me feel better.

OK, Rant off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend and please be safe.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have grown up almost all of my adult life with Star Trek. I would rather watch my least favorite Star Trek episode/movie then anything else. No, I don't go to conventions or wear pointy ears. :) So that explains why I have Paramount + I have recently started watching the series on it called 'Clarice' from the 'Silence of the Lambs' series of movies. Clarice is the detective character that talks with Hannibal Lecter. So, I have been enjoying the series until last night. WTF do they have to put political statements into EVERYTHING NOW???? The entire episode was about the 'black coalition' of FBI agents suing the agency (fair enough, but it just seemed to go to far with it) and about a 'tranny' 'its/his/hers words not mine, talking about all the hate against 'trannies'. OK, really hard shit to swallow, then the two black FBI agents are talking, and the female agent sales to the male agent, 'At what age do we tell our children what this country is really about?'. That's when I clicked it off.

I have had ENOUGH of this WOKE BS and EVERYONE trying to tell me and my family what WE MUST BELIEVE, WHAT WE MUST ACCEPT. Well you know what, go to hell. It's not going to happen. OMG...if you don't like this country, GTFO NOW!

Yes, we have made mistakes as a country, and yes, we will continue to do so. But THIS IS THE BEST DAMN COUNTRY this world has ever known!

Yes, I know, turn it off. But before I do, I will be writing them a letter. Will not do a damn thing in this day of 'wokeness' aka: MASSIVE STUPIDITY, but it will make me feel better.

OK, Rant off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend and please be safe.
A rant on their official twitter account might get more attention.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
9-1-1, FBI, Law & Order SVU, yada yada...same crap as you mentioned. I've turned all of 'em off several times, then tune back in a week later because I keep thinking they'll stop but it ain't gonna happen. They're like a dog with a bone and they ain't gonna LEAVE IT ALONE!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sometimes the shows are all about the woke crap, like the episode you are talking about. Yes that is very preachy. But what I have noticed for many, many years now is that this woke, preachy messaging can be subtly placed in just a comment or two by characters within the show. If you are not careful, you may even miss it. But it is there and subliminally impacts the viewer. If certain ideas are presented often enough, a lot of people become influenced by those ideas.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes the shows are all about the woke crap, like the episode you are talking about. Yes that is very preachy. But what I have noticed for many, many years now is that this woke, preachy messaging can be subtly placed in just a comment or two by characters within the show. If you are not careful, you may even miss it. But it is there and subliminally impacts the viewer. If certain ideas are presented often enough, a lot of people become influenced by those ideas.
@SJGUSMC21 , I was telling my wife about your post in #1 and my reply in #10 and she was quick to tell me about her recent and similar disdain with "New Amsterdam" (she's a retired RN). She turned it off last week, said last season wasn't that preachy but now EVERY @#$% episode has an underlying "message". :mad:

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This crap is why I do not watch anything new on tv. I sure as crap do not even watch network tv with their little messages. It’s always some “woke” message regarding race, sexual preference, left-wing political agenda pushes, etc. I realize I may be parroting what has already been said, but @samplenhold is right; this bs has been slowly worked into shows, movies, radio, internet, and the like for decades.
I’m 42, but I only watch the old stuff because that’s all I can stand. Andy Griffith Show, Addams Family, Hogans Heroes, Green Acres, and Married with Children are about as modern as I can go.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Hell, we stopped watching Law & Order and SUV a long time ago. The wokeism was creeping into them about ten years ago. We don't watch "network" shows at all unless it's something really special because they have been trying, and succeeding, in brainwashing the sheep for too long. Even the local news has that same problem. The other night they were still talking about the "murder" of the Capital police officer. If a lie is repeated often enough it eventually turns into the truth, at least in the minds of the sheep.