Clearing the export queue

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I accidentally selected way too large of a batch to export to MP4.

Manual says to switch clips view to Convert/Export view, and then delete.

Deleting gives a warning that it will in fact DELETE, not remove from queue.

Ignoring the warning, deletion gets blocked because the clips were protected earlier. I haven't tried removing protection and chancing deletion of one of the less important clips. I really don't want to delete anything.

Restarting BI (service and GUI), deleting the destination folder, it's persistent. Just picks up where it left off, with almost 200GB of accidentally selected clips to go.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. I did a batch export to save time, and now I'm almost 3 hours in trying to stop the damn thing.

Anyone know how to clear the queue?

tarbash

n3wb
Reaction score
I accidentally selected way too large of a batch to export to MP4.

Manual says to switch clips view to Convert/Export view, and then delete.

Deleting gives a warning that it will in fact DELETE, not remove from queue.

Ignoring the warning, deletion gets blocked because the clips were protected earlier. I haven't tried removing protection and chancing deletion of one of the less important clips. I really don't want to delete anything.

Restarting BI (service and GUI), deleting the destination folder, it's persistent. Just picks up where it left off, with almost 200GB of accidentally selected clips to go.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. I did a batch export to save time, and now I'm almost 3 hours in trying to stop the damn thing.

Anyone know how to clear the queue?

Did you find a solution to this? I have 6 files in the export queue but I cannot clear them from the queue. I get a "Please select only BVR files" when I right-mouse click on a file and select "Remove from queue"

Reaction score
Update for anyone with the issue in the future: there is no official solution. Ken did not reply to my support enquiries, the first time he has not replied, so I think it is safe to say this is something that is not going to be fixed.

I ended up having to uninstall BI, remove all traces of it from my registry and filesystem, and reinstall. That did the trick.

Reaction score
I know this is old, but I came across this post while looking for the same solution (clearing the export queue). After unchecking the box to 'convert/export on move', I still had close to 2000 items in the queue. Here's how I have been able to clear them:

1. in the top of the side bar, click on the folder icon (special views), then from the dropdown below that, choose "export". I don't recall if there were other options there the first time I did this, but it's the only option as I write.
2. On the dashboard, where it shows all of your cameras to the right of this side bar, click somewhere that's not a camera (to de-select a single camera).
3. Back at the top of the side bar, click on the calendar icon (to the right of the date in my screenshot). Any date with a red dot has exports.

When you select a date, you will see a list of exports for that date, for all cameras (or a single camera if you skipped step two above). Use shift+click to select all of the items, then right click in that list and choose 'remove from convert/export queue'.

This cleared them all out for me. It also fixed another issue that I have been dealing with, where when I tried to export a clip from the Web UI, it would show it in the queue but never finish...because there were 1700 other items ahead of it. Now when I export something from the web UI, it completes immediately.

Attachments