Clip Skip Hotkey or Button?

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'm using motion triggers to record short clips that I review daily (most of the time), and then have hidden cameras on 24x7. I get around 500 clips a day, and some of them are just fluff and I can tell pretty quickly when they are. Currently I have to double click the next clip in the list to skip to it.

I've looked through the options and hotkeys and don't see one that allows me to skip to the next clip during playback. I have been able to pause what I'm watching and use the next alert button, but typically have to hit it multiple times (once jumps to the end of the current clip, then again to get to the next clip).

Is there a gui button, or a hotkey I can use to just skip during playback from the clip I'm on to go to the next one in the list?

If there isn't, where can I log a feature request?

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can create your own keyboard shortcut. I used <TAB> for my hotkey to skip to "next alert"

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
You can create your own keyboard shortcut. I used <TAB> for my hotkey to skip to "next alert"
right, but that doesn't work during playback. I have to pause what i'm currently watching then use "TAB" multiple times to skip to the next clip which then starts automatically playing back on it's own. What I'm looking for is something like the chapter skip button on your DVD player where you can be mid playback, hit it, and have it go to the next clip immediately without pausing or pressing it multiple times to get through a 3 minute clip.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is exactly what mine does. I hit the custom "TAB" key and the next alert plays.

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
That is exactly what mine does. I hit the custom "TAB" key and the next alert plays.
Interesting. Wonder why mine behaves differently. Can you show me a screenshot of your keybind? Mine is set to "Next alert/+30s". Perhaps yours is something different.

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I've figured it out. I view my clips in the "NEW" folder, and tab doesn't work. If I view them in the "ALERTS" folder it works. Seems like an oversight for the skip hotkey to not function in all of the folders.