Clips and Archiving

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Hoping you can help me. I have a 4TB hard drive I use just for Blue Iris Clips. It has been working just fine for quite a while, but ever since enabling Deepstack, I have had an issue. The issue is my drive is getting full and I cannot save any more recordings. I do have it set to delete once the limit size for the New folder is reached. My current settings are attached, I dropped the Limit size down to 3000GB hoping this would resolve the issue. Prior to making the limit size 3000GB for the New folder, it was set to 3300GB and I had no issues. I also had the Limit size for the Alerts folder set to 0GB and did not have Limit clip age checked. Ever since setting up Deepstack and enabling a Limit size and Limit clip age for the Alerts folder, I ran into the issue. It was my understanding that when the drive got to 3300GB, based on the settings, Blue Iris would deleted the files in the New folder. Is this not correct?

Does anyone has any suggestions as to what I should set my Clips and Archiving settings to for a 4TB drive?

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you checked the autoflag of confirmed alerts in the AI section of the camera settings? If so, those do not get deleted by this rule and you have filled the drive up with flagged alerts.

1660003262963.png

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I looked for that setting and it is not checked for any of my cameras. I looked at the size of the Alerts folder and it is exactly 1GB so that setting is working properly. Not really too sure what happened. I ended up deleting some clips and changed the Limit size back to 3300GB. I'll see what happens once more clips are saved. There is currently 1.07TB free, so it may take some time.