Clone not showing video for alerts

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to set up a Color-X camera (from Andy) to have both in camera people/vehicle detection and BI motion detection. Works fine, except the BI motion alerts are just the jpeg trigger image. I would like when I play the Motion alert to see the surrounding video.

My original camera is set up to receive ONVIF/external triggers from the camera and this works great. Most of the time that is all I want. The video is continuously recorded. The camera is set up to be the clone master and to group clone clips.

Sometimes I want to see non-people/vehicles. This is why I set up a clone. The motion triggers are working fine. But the alert clips consist of just the jpeg snapshot image and no video. When both the original and the clone trigger for the same event, this is not much of a problem. In the middle of the night, when no people or vehicles are around, I would like to easily see the video. I want the video to play when I play the alert, just as it does for the original camera. The clone is set up to group clone clips.

If I also record the clone, either when triggered or continuously, then I get the video I want - but that seems to be a big waste of resources. If I tell the clone to trigger the original, then I end up with mostly group triggers and am unable to see just the in-camera triggers which I normally want. This is no different than not having a clone and turning motion detection on. Whichever trigger, ONVIF or motion, occurs first blocks the second.

There must be a simple method to get both in-camera triggers and BI triggers, easily see the video from each, and be able to turn one or the other off.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I am faced with exactly the same issues and have yet to see any good workarounds. Maddening how it is possible to use all the appropriate checkboxes in alerts yet run into issues where they seem to sometimes cancel each other out, rather than combine into an additive/either-or single alert.