Cloned camera only triggers when it is selected in live view?

kleypot

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the weirdest problem with BI and wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I have a 4k PoE camera set up and working fine. I need to have a clone of this camera with motion detection enabled (I have my own automation software triggering recordings on the main camera, hence why I need the clone deal with motion triggers separately). As far as I can tell, the clone is working fine and is set up correctly according to this thread: Create a clone camera

The problem is that the clone camera seems to freeze and stop working after a period of time. Usually I'll notice that I am no longer getting motion detection events from the clone, then when I open BI it looks like the camera is frozen. It does not say No Signal, it is just stuck on a frame from several minutes/hours ago. Here is the weird part -- if I left-click on the clone in live view, it "unfreezes" and the motion detection starts to work again. As long as I keep this camera selected in live view, it continues to work. If I then left-click to select another camera, unselecting the clone, the clone will freeze up again almost immediately.

Is there a setting or something that has to do with this? Why would this clone only work if I open the live view and select it?

Thanks!