Compact and cheap NVR to place behind HDTV

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking for a very compact and cheap way to view my ip cameras on HDTV from the other side of the house that is not close to location of my Dahua NVR 4KS2 series. I've tried playing with RPi3 but can't really get any of the various omxplayer scripts to work well in limited testing so far. Thought about using Android TV box since I use tinycam pro on my tablets to view NVR streams and maybe sticking that behind the HDTV. HDMI extenders are costly so wondered if there is a small compact and fairly cheap NVR that I can zip tie to back of my flat screen TV. I can then use my Rii mini i8+ keyboards to control NVR/cameras once I choose the HDMI input attached to that compact NVR. Anyone gone down this route and if so, does it have to be Dahua NVR or any NVR(probably ONVIF only if other brands)?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many use the Amazon fire stick with Tinycampro installed on it.
I don't have a fire hd stick but have tried chromecast. Probably stick with using my 8" tablets already running tinycampro if there is no master/slave NVR cheap workaround.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
first, you cant really stream a camera to two NVR's. its not that simple. What is simple, is viewing your camera feeds from an apple TV!

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you control and make changes to NVR via apple TV or is it same like viewing via chromecast/tinycampro/firehd/browser/etc? I'm trying to see if there is a way to see the IVS trigger lines like viewing from NVR kind of like desktop viewing via RDP/Teamviewer.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
okay, it's like what I'm using until I can find better solution.