Comparison between Wyze C2, TP Link CP100, EZVIZ C1C

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, as I've been looking to switch off Wyze cams due to their garbage RTSP implementation, I've recently found the EZVIZ C1C and TP-Link CP100 to be (at least price wise) contenders for the Wyze Cam2.
Note that I have ordered the WC3, but since there is no fw with RTSP support (which Wyze said is in the works, but now has pushed back on), that is not included here.

I used BI (5) to test these cameras in comparison to the WC2; all set to record direct to disk, MP4.
As many may know, WC2 has crappy audio recording via RTSP, it's on/off, and lots short dropouts on the video stream.

EZVIZ $39 CAD
I was really liking the fact that the EZVIC camera had higher FPS @ 20 over the other two, however the sounds issue made me return it:
1) maybe I had a bad unit, but despite turning AUDIO enabled in the app, this camera did not pick up any sound, either in the video recorded, or in live mode

C100 $29 CAD
This is not bad, a LOT of great features in the app/settings not to mention ONFIV support (v2.01), however cons are below, and even though none are really show stoppers, it is not a replacement for Wyze cam at this point
1) FPS is on par with WC2 was hoping it would be higher
2) power adapter from the 80's; really, how hard is it to use a microUSB receptacle on this?
3) no magnet on the base
4) small FOV

ipcam.jpg

If anyone knows of a camera around this price range that supports RTSP/ONVIF, please let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Both the password and logo can be turned off via the PC / Smart application:

PC Software: Image -> Video Display -> Show Yingshi
EZVIZ App: Select 3 dots . . . -> Settings -> Change Encryption

it should be noted feedback by some users indicate changing the OEM password (sticker) to something else may impact the system from updating firmware if and when available YMMV . . .

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good info, I didn't realize that, I didn't even know there was PC software (which is surprising in a good way with all companies now providing ONLY mobile apps). Still a hassle to have to install another app, this should be easily available via the mobile app as a on/off button.

-So "change encryption" then change the "admin" password from the code on the back of the camera to a different one? That's is 50% of the way there, still cannot change user name, but this is positive. Anything recorded on the SD card though, will need to use the previous password to watch via app, since all files are encrypted (unless turning the encryption option off).

Updated post.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Teken

Turning on/off encryption in the mobile app (from what I understand) is to turn off encryption on photo/video that is recorded on the SD card? Is this not the case?
In the mobile app, there is an option to change the encryption password, is this the code on the back of the camera that it refers to? Does the option above then mean this would be an empty password?

The mobile app/verbiage is not that intuitive?
BTW, what users are reporting the issue with firmware, where are you seeing this? Are you a Hikvision/EZVIZ employee?

Thanks

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Teken
-Changing encryption password does NOT change the RTSP password, this is very basic security issue and it sucks that it cannot be changed. Other than this the C1C is really great, but this one thing along is making me consider sending it back; I have submitted a ticket to EZVIZ and see how they respond....