Compatibility question

Eric R

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New guy here, so please bare with me. I am new to this game. The info as a new guy is a little overwhelming at best. I’ve been trying to research as much as possible. My question is on compatabilty. I am looking at an LTS system, partially because of the price (I have 3 little mouths to feed, so budget is a must) my buddy can get it for and also his help to set it up. The NVR is an LTS platinum LTN8704Q-P4. I only need two cameras at this time, one of them will be an LTS turret. Sound is very important to me in my back yard where my kids play. While I realize LTS makes audio in compatible cameras, they are well outside my budget, $300 plus. I have been researching a Hikvision

DS-2CD2142FWD-ISB 4mp. I have read that if you incorpererate different brands of cameras to NVR’s, you can lose some of the camera functions, particularly motion detection. Since LTS and Hikvision are essentially one in the same (please correct me if this this isn’t correct), would I still have these same issues adding the Hikvision to the LTS NVR? Thank you in advance, and I apologize if there was anything in previous posts pertaining to this. On a side note, thank you to this site for the bluntness and straight forward. I was almost one of those suckers ready to pull the trigger on a Reolink.