Configuration of the SPT5405IP-30x IP Cam (SecurePlug)

sunshineh

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the camera SPT5405IP-30X (SecuPlug). Now I want to configure it, but I can't reach the setting page. I see the IP of the cam in my network. When I got to this ip, it is written that I have to install the IPCConfig plugin. Then I install it can't see it with the seetong app, but I know the IP address. Only when I go to it and install the IPCConfig.exe, nothing happens.

I can't get to the backend side. What can I do now?

When I use the Seetong - App (this is written on the picture of the cam), the App can't find it automatically. When I try it manually, than I get the message:

"Device addition failed

Your device cloud password is low in strength and has potential security risks. Please reset the device cloud password. The password is 8~32 bits and needs to contain two of more..."

I only have the change to modify the password on the backend side.

I tried it with firefox, edge and opera webbrowser.

What can I do?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of these cameras are unfortunately still designed around Explorer and that plug in is likely for Explorer.

So try plain ole Explorer, not Edge with the IE tab or Chrome with IE add-on, but plain ole Internet Explorer.

And yes it is still available.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

"But I upgraded to Win11" .... yep still available:

Internet Explorer via W11

@TonyR says it best LOL "And for any future readers of this issue (IE being needed to set up many cams, especially PTZ's) who want to throw fits, curse and moan......it won't change anything. We all agree its a PITA but until the cam manufacturers do something about it all we can do is bite our collective lips and deal with it, like it or not. :idk: "

sunshineh

n3wb
Reaction score
Lot's of thanks, it works!!

How can I find out the url from the camera over which I can move it and also use the mic functionality?
Actual I can use it with iSpy with rtsp:/username:password@192.168.0.111:554/1 but the quality is really bad and I can't move it :(