Configure Dahua PTZ with more IP cameras

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want that when the camera "A" detects the presence of a human, the PTZ camera activates "preset3" for example. When the "B" detects the presence of a human, the camera activates "preset7" for example ... With a useful operating logic. I think it is possible, but where is this option configured?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That can be done with the NVR or Blue Iris.

I think you have an NVR, so go to camera "a" and find the option to tell it to PTZ linkage another camera and preset.

1621436992253.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It may look a little different on your NVR, if it has that capability.

@bigredfish - where else in the NVR would this be for a spotter cam for a PTZ?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What NVR and version are you running, somewhat modern Dahua with the 4.0 ?

Do like the print screen above from wittaj shows.
Log on to the NVR or the camera and set up an IVS rule, in my case a tripwire on channel 1.
Click on PTZ Linkage and Enable and select what cameras should do what (preset/tour/pattern), in my case PTZ camera 2 and 3 to preset 3 and 6.

Hit save and voila!

ptz-linkage.JPG

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What NVR and version are you running, somewhat modern Dahua with the 4.0 ?

Do like the print screen above from wittaj shows.
Log on to the NVR or the camera and set up an IVS rule, in my case a tripwire on channel 1.
Click on PTZ Linkage and Enable and select what cameras should do what (preset/tour/pattern), in my case PTZ camera 2 and 3 to preset 3 and 6.

Hit save and voila!

View attachment 90048
Resolved! The problem was the nvr not updating to v4! Thanks ... A question, just leave "tripwire" does not allow intrusion?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It may look a little different on your NVR, if it has that capability.

@bigredfish - where else in the NVR would this be for a spotter cam for a PTZ?
Everything solved! only 2 doubts. What does "post-record" mean? and ... is it possible that without default detection there is always preset1, for example?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1.) Post-Record - Delay recording for a specified time after the alarm ends
2.) Go to Settings -> PTZ -> Function then settings as per picture.
The idle time is how much time need to pass until the camera goes to your preset of choice.
idle.JPG

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1.) Post-Record - Delay recording for a specified time after the alarm ends
2.) Go to Settings -> PTZ -> Function then settings as per picture.
The idle time is how much time need to pass until the camera goes to your preset of choice.
View attachment 90057
Configured! Thank you very much ... Any other interesting things to add or is that all the usual?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A problem that has happened to me. By now drawing all the space of the other cameras linked with the ptz, now the autotracking is very limited, because it is receiving preset orders continuously. is there a way to prioritize autotracking in case of tracking activation?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should be autotracking as priority over a scan - are you sure it isn't the "spotter" cam in the NVR redirecting it?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It should be autotracking as priority over a scan - are you sure it isn't the "spotter" cam in the NVR redirecting it?
I have solved it by setting intrusion to just cross and enter. In this way, once inside the area it does not send the preset again and the ptz camera continues with autotracking. Previously it was configured to appear and enter or exit. But, is it possible to configure that the camera, when autotracking starts, has priority over the linked commands of the rest of the cameras? Even if it crosses to another area, if the autotracking is active, continue until the end

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not believe that is possible in a typical NVR - with some home automation you can probably set up some if, then type commands, but I do not think an NVR has that capability.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not believe that is possible in a typical NVR - with some home automation you can probably set up some if, then type commands, but I do not think an NVR has that capability.
OK thank you. With the "cross only" functionality, the problem I mentioned is greatly reduced.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct from my experimenting, any spotter cam command will override any in progress auto tracking