CONFIGURING HIKVISION INTERCOM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am installing a 2 button hikvision door station along with 2 indoor stations on a job and at the momment I am setting it all up on a bench before I go to the job just to minimize any problems that could be occured with wires to gate and so on. First thing I had to do eventhough the items where new was to update the firmware, {very important} and also have the ivms4200 up to date otherwise some configurations will not happen. Eventually when all settings where complete I managed to get the door station to call each indoor station and calls and video could be answered and viewed along with indoor station to indoor station calling. I am also adding an ip camera at the gate and I also got it connected to each monitor so it could be viewed along with the door station camera. Next I added one monitor to my hik connect app and I can view and answer the door station from my phone when the button is pressed. On the app I also have the option to view 9 other cameras on the monitor tab but when I select camera 2, which should be the ip camera, I am unable to view the camera. I get message {video playing failed, error code 246104}. I tried all the other cameras just in case and I get the same message on them all. Now i can register the ip camera with hik connect and add it seperately which is ok but in this situation the two indoor stations are located in different houses and I would like to keep the two stations registered seperately on hik connect otherwise both parties would be recieving calls on there app from each button on the door station which makes the 2 buttons pointless. With this reason the ip camera can be only registered to to one account with Hik Connect and so it wouldnt be able to be viewed on the two different apps. Another hurdle I have to cross is the fact that both houses are on seperate networks. Everything will be networked back to one house which is fine but the 2nd indoor station will be located at the other house on a different network. I know I might have to set up an external IP address on the door station and propably add it to the 2nd internal monitor but im not too familiar with setting up this process. Does anyone have any knowledge of the system and think what I am trying is possible? If so some advice would be greatly appreciated and maybe there is an easier way to do what i am looking. I want to try and not use a network bridge between houses if possible, as I am trying to have each caller button on a different account.