Confirmed faces not appearing in clip, or confirmed alert. ( but 'person detection is..)

Jarrod_OK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, new poster, but long time user of BI.

My gate intercom camera has been configured to detect people, and when it does, do a face match with CPAI. when matched, an MQTT message sends a topic to my home assistant server, that in turn triggers the gate to open. - I have this set up for rego ( licence ) plates with our cars and it works an absolute treat and has for a long time.

BI recognises faces superbly when I run a clip Test and Tune with AI. The issue is it doesnt always generate the alert when the known face is detected. Make sense?

Some pics may help:

Tom alert.PNG

So, Tom can stand at the gate, and he is immediately recognised. But it isnt shown in the alert çomponent' of the clip: the person detection' works evertytime.

no tom.PNG

Its a bit random, because occasionally, maybe one out of 10 times it works. but as I say, playing the clip in Test and Tuning with A.I. - it gets a hit immediately, everytime.

Not just this camera, the doorbell camera will get a hit randomly as well.

Jarrod.PNG

Ive added Tom in the alert confirmation,

2.PNG

Set up the MQTT message:

3.PNG

And tested the sequence working 100%...

Its just the final piece of the puzzle I cant get to work - the word 'Tom'not appearing as a confirmed óbject'

Is there a config setting Ive missed, for alert management somewhere? - just odd its a bit random and sometimes works.. i.e once BI confirms a person, does nothing for x seconds??

Hope that makes sense.

Jarrod.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Following as I'm very interested in using CPAI face recognition in the future.