Confused or dumb?

Chrisdt

n3wb
Reaction score
When I move my mouse over the screen some cameras will display the arrow. I can double click on the particular camera and use the PTZ in full screen.

some cameras display a little hand when I move the pointer to them. When I double click and them the PTZ function cannot be used in full screen mode.

Hope I made my problem clear.
Any advice?

Chris

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a camera where you cannot use the mouse cursor for PTZ, go to 'Properties', then 'PTZ/Control', then check the box at 'PTZ w/ mouse cursor', then click on 'OK'. I hope this helps.

Chrisdt

n3wb
Reaction score
On a camera where you cannot use the mouse cursor for PTZ, go to 'Properties', then 'PTZ/Control', then check the box at 'PTZ w/ mouse cursor', then click on 'OK'. I hope this helps.
Thank you for replying. However, did not help. Thing is, I have two identical PTZ cameras and for the life of me I cannot find any difference in their properties.
The one will have the hand, the other the pointer..
Maybe delete and reinstall?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. However, did not help. Thing is, I have two identical PTZ cameras and for the life of me I cannot find any difference in their properties.
The one will have the hand, the other the pointer..
Maybe delete and reinstall?
Yep, if I had gone through every single setting and found no difference, I would try that. But first, since you say the cams are identical, what about swapping the IP addresses to see if the issue is with a cam instead of the BI configuration?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I move my mouse over the screen some cameras will display the arrow. I can double click on the particular camera and use the PTZ in full screen.

some cameras display a little hand when I move the pointer to them. When I double click and them the PTZ function cannot be used in full screen mode.

Hope I made my problem clear.
Any advice?

Chris
You're probably going to feel a little foolish. Move your mouse over the camera on the screen that shows the hand instead of the pointer. Use the wheel on the mouse to un-digitial zoom that camera. The pointer will return and PTZ functions will work...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're probably going to feel a little foolish. Move your mouse over the camera on the screen that shows the hand instead of the pointer. Use the wheel on the mouse to un-digitial zoom that camera. The pointer will return and PTZ functions will work...
To quote Homer Simpson, "DOH!"

Chrisdt

n3wb
Reaction score
To quote Homer Simpson, "DOH!"
Thanks! Elementary my dear Watson.
Yep. Feel a bit silly.
Just did a self check. I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
thank you so much!
Problem kept me awake. Gonna make sure my wife doesn't see my post.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah, don't ask me why I thought that you might feel a little foolish when you found out what the problem was (been there/done that) :rolleyes: