Connect camera to NVR via powerline adapter?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought any active node on the network with the lowest speed would become the max speed of the network? In my case I already have a couple of AV1000 plugs around the house for other things so if I was to add an AV200 plug for the camera, surely that would make the whole network 200Mbps? I have one master plug connected to the router and several add on plugs connected to devices around the house - are you suggesting I have another master node to the NVR so the link between the NVR and the camera does not affect the other links?
So 2 days and 6 posts AFTER @VorlonFrog first suggested a powerline adapter you decide to mention that you have several in your house. Come on, man. :wtf:
Sounds to me like you should know just as much, if not more, about them than some of the other members here.

jj007

n3wb
Reaction score
So 2 days and 6 posts AFTER @VorlonFrog first suggested a powerline adapter you decide to mention that you have several in your house. Come on, man. :wtf:
Sounds to me like you should know just as much, if not more, about them than some of the other members here.
Ha :lmao: I didn't say whether I had powerline adapters or not - I wanted to know if I can connect my camera to my NVR by using one.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
jj007, you'll still need a POE hub or switch for multiple cameras or possibly a POE injector for a single camera.

Otherwise you'll have to consider how else you'll provide a camera with power?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@jj007 ,
If you go the powerline adapter route you can power the POE cam with a POE injector as suggested by others in this thread and like the one you suggested or instead use the powerline adapter that I suggested in post #13 that also provides POE to the POE cam.

It's your call. :cool: