Connect to an IPC connected directly to a NVR

BnayaMeir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum, I believe I'll get the best answers for my questions here :)

I have a whole Dahua CCTV system that I installed by myself, works pretty fine for two years now.
this system comines IPCs connected to the home network, and some directly to my NVR as the following diagram shows:

network diagram.png

From my computer, I am able to connect IPC1's web interface without any problem.
However, I am trying to figure out a way to connect to IPC2's web interface without connecting my PC as a client directly to the NVR (changing IP address etc..).

Is there any way to access devices located under the NVR's own network from my home network?

And also for my understanding.. How does it work? Is there any internal router besides the NVR's internal switch?
Is there any need for port forwarding? If there is, is it possible to forward it just to my own network and not to the WAN?

Thank you all!

Bnaya.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, from a browser, simply type in the IP address of the NVR and then access the cameras behind the NVR that way...

The best way is to get into the camera GUI. To get into the camera GUI, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1642813307223.png

QuoteReply
ReportEditDelete